New XML Schema for Resource Metadata

Ray Plante rplante at poplar.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 9 04:26:55 PDT 2003

Hi all,

As you may know, Tony and I took some time to examine and revise the
structure of the resource metadata, and the results are now posted on the
IVOARegWp03 page.  We would like to get your feedback with the goal of
settling by the end of the month on a base schema for use in IVOA registry
demos.

You can access the schemas from
http://www.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/IVOARegWp03/VOResource-v0.8.1-overview.html
along with a sample instance document.  You will notice that the metadata
are divided between a core schema and a few extensions.  The document
above also enumerates the major issues this latest version attempts to
address.  Comments on that front are especially helpful.

Over the next few days, I'll add additional examples to further illustrate
the use of the metadata.  Your comments can be sent to this registry list.

thanks!