IVOA Identifiers Working Draft

Wil O'Mullane womullan at skysrv.pha.jhu.edu
Thu Sep 4 10:35:16 PDT 2003

> Referring back to comments on mirrored resources, I think the only way to
> proceed is that every resource in the VO is uniquely identified and whether
> or not it is a mirror should be part of the metadata for that resource.

I was thinknig of another model where the identifier was not tied to a physical entity. We intorduce a lookup service which returns physical identifiers/URIs for given Identifiers. The lookup for an id could return multiple physical represetations .

The service url otherwise is a unique identifier ...

wil