RWP04: Registry Replication

Masatoshi OHISHI masatoshi.ohishi at nao.ac.jp
Wed Apr 30 07:30:58 PDT 2003

Wil,

I fully agree with you.

At 09:30 03/04/30 -0400, Wil O'Mullane wrote:

>So why not just use the SQL - it is already a fairly standard query language ?
>Converting the query to XML just for the sake of having XML seems rather
>pointless.
>If we are converging on the full/private model then the schema's of the
>full registries should be the same. Now running ahead a little assuming
>the obvious implementation for a searchable set of records is to use a
>relational database it
>would process SQL directly..

Our JVO prototype is now running, and uses SQL to interface to each relational
database.  We adopted this to minimize our effort to prepare modules
between our JVO system and existing databases.  And we adopted some Web
service functions to manage metadata (registry), and it is working quite well.

    Masatoshi

                 Masatoshi  OHISHI
National Astronomical Observatory of Japan
2-21-1, Osawa, Mitaka, Tokyo, 181-8588 JAPAN
phone :+81-422-34-3575  (office)
        +81-90-3574-9474 (mobile)
fax   :+81-422-34-3840
e-mail:masatoshi.ohishi at nao.ac.jp