[Radioig] Interesting 10, 5 years old report on RadioAstronomy in the VO

François Bonnarel francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr
Mon Oct 5 12:39:12 CEST 2020

Dear all,

        More than ten years ago , Anita Richards working at JBO and
Merlin wrote an internal note to adress the question of

radio interforemetry in the VO :
https://wiki.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/SiaInterface/Anita-InterferometryVO.pdf.
This document is heavliy burried in the cellar of the DAL web pages but
is worth while reading.

        Anita is registered on this radio ig mailing list despite the
fact she had to move to other activities than VO. So this an opportunity
for me to say Hello to her, if she reads us !

        By reading the paper it's interesting to see that for discovery
and access of radio data some of the things described here have been
actuallly done by development of ObsTAP/SIA2/Dataink and SODA , but that
some other ideas fir discovery  are along the lines of the discussions
we had on Friday (and will have tomorrow) and what we are discussing
since the Comittee of Science Priorities launched the idea of renewing
the effort for Radio Astronomy in the VO last year in Groningen.

Cheers

François