[Media] IVOA facebook info request

Marco Molinaro molinaro at oats.inaf.it
Fri Jan 19 10:21:19 CET 2018

Dear all,
my feelings are along the lines of Christophe's ones.

So, not to create any controversial issue, I'll skip this round of job
posting.
Not sure I'll post it to the interop list, I was undecided already last
time I did.

At this point I wonder if, on the IVOA web page, there could be a dedicated
place for this kind of things: i.e. a "work with IVOA members and
contributors"-like space. This should prevent faking social news while
letting people understand there's place for work within the VO community
and helping in posting job ads.

Cheers,
     Marco

PS - the job was really VO related in this case (another reason not to use
it to feed this discussion, it would turn out in being a biasing
information piece): it's about disseminating VO knowledge and solutions
while, probably, renovating VObs.it pages (nearly dead currently) and,
maybe, helping in maintaining the TWiki-Mailman-mail service of IVOA based
in Trieste.