[Media] IVOA facebook info request

Christophe Arviset Christophe.Arviset at esa.int
Fri Jan 19 08:49:25 CET 2018

Dear all

I have mixed feeling on this matter. On one side, I agree to the point
that it would be difficult to fully determine what is the VO job or not
and Simon indeed pointed out a good group for jobs for astronomers
(there is also the LinkedIn on Astronomy and Space Software
(https://www.linkedin.com/groups/70811). On the other side, I would not
want to systematically ban any job posting as there might be some very
specific ones purely VO (such as emerging from EC funded projects) that
would be natural to post there.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Christophe

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Christophe

Christophe ARVISET                       Christophe.Arviset at esa.int

Head of the Data and Engineering Division
Operations Department, Directorate of Science
European Space Astronomy Centre (ESAC)
European Space Agency (ESA)

Camino Bajo del Castillo s/n
Urb. Villafranca del Castillo
28692 Villanueva de la Canada - Madrid        Tel: +34 91 813 12 78
SPAIN                                         Mob: +34 655 03 43 03

content is not permitted.