[Media] IVOA facebook info request

Simon O'Toole simon.otoole at aao.gov.au
Thu Jan 18 23:24:41 CET 2018

Hi all,

Just putting in my two cents worth: I agree that we should not be posting job ads on the IVOA social media accounts. Mainly because, as Bruce says, it is often hard to distinguish a VO-related job ad from a non-VO-related one. We don’t want to annoy people with a somewhat arbitrary cutoff (“Why did they post that ad when they didn’t post mine!!”). Also, there is a great Facebook group already for jobs: Jobs for Astronomers.

Cheers,
Simon