[Media] IVOA facebook info request

Bruce Berriman GBB at ipac.caltech.edu
Thu Jan 18 19:35:36 CET 2018

Hi Jamie,

Please see below!

Bruce

> On Jan 18, 2018, at 12:43 PM, Budynkiewicz, Jamie Anne <jbudynkiewicz at cfa.harvard.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi Bruce,
>
> Thanks for the quick input. In hindsight, I was a bit hasty on this. Apologies on that.
>
> Having a “catch-all” for information will, in my view, diminish the impact of our social media efforts.
>
> I agree with this -- we don't want to add too much technical/insider material to the pages.  I feel if the job were strictly VO-related, it'd be fine to post it on facebook or twitter. At least it shows there are jobs for VO-work or ones that request knowledge of VO.  If Marco's job posting is directly VO-related, perhaps we could post something more for the general public on facebook/twitter before hand?  Does that help?
>
> Or, we can just state the policy, "No job postings on the social media platforms" if that makes the most sense.

My view is not to do job postings in tis way. It can often be hard to discriminate what is really a VO job from what is not - in the sense that jobs tend to have several roles, and the VO part may be the least significant, and we should not be advertising such. I am, however, happy to listen to alternative views on this topic from the media group.

Cheers

Bruce