[Media] VO handouts -- what tools/services to highlight? Draft for **Dec 19**

Budynkiewicz, Jamie Anne jbudynkiewicz at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Dec 19 14:35:49 CET 2017

Hi Enrique,

Thank you for the feedback. Yes, after looking at the handout again, I
agree it's too data provider/developer-heavy .  What if the front-side is
all science oriented, I remove the bit about IVOA, and add that "Want your
data and software accessible by VO tech? Learn more at ivoa.net" on the
back?

Here's a new version:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1X2i2XjzyNj_8OJ7e5-40-Vty2zU30iWV -- ppt
https://drive.google.com/open?id=11ScIsVesGKY8COgYGDp6kQ405SpNXFyc -- PDF

I'm looking for VO tool images to put on the front, but in the meantime,
this is what I was thinking the pictures could look like. This feels like
the hard part... ;) I'm looking for:
  - other images for tools from AAS exhibitors, if they don't like the ones
here (from NAVO, CfA, CDS, etc...)
  - another analysis tool/image to show.  There's Iris (a SED tool), but
I'm blanking on more widely-known tools at the moment.

For the back, I'd like some of the AAS exhibitors' inputs. I was thinking
of organizing the logos in other sections:  "these booths have data access
demos", "these booths have analysis tool demos", "these demos show
interoperability", or something like that... Or, we can be more general and
say, "come to these booths for VO software demos".

Thanks,
Jamie