IVOA Northern Spring Interop meeting May 24-28 - *Save the Date*

Janet Evans janet at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Mar 16 16:16:20 CET 2021

Dear VO Community,
We are writing to inform you that the *IVOA Northern Spring Interop meeting will be May 24-28, 2021* and ask you to "Save the Date" to participate in the meeting.
We are planning a Science Platform themed workshop to be a focus throughout the May Interop.  There will be 3 or 4 sessions sprinkled through the week.  The sessions will start with presentations and then go toward discussions by the last session(s).
We will also be asking the community for contributed presentations and welcome your participation. There will be an email in a few weeks with a registration page and instructions for abstract submissions.
The meeting organization will be similar to the 2020 Virtual Interop meetings.  We will use Zoom as our shared remote service, and Etherpad for live notes and questions. We are planning to keep presentations to a single thread (no parallel sessions) and save a good amount of the time for your input and discussion. Sessions will be recorded and posted so that if you miss a session you can go back and view it. We will work to schedule sessions with reasonable times during the day for 2 of the 3 sessions a day in your time zone.
So, welcome spring, save the date, and we look forward to another engaging IVOA meeting in May 2021.
Best Regards,
-Janet & Pat
(for the IVOA TCG)