DM Workshop: pre-interop meeting schedule

Laurent Michel laurent.michel at astro.unistra.fr
Thu Apr 15 11:11:04 CEST 2021

Dear all,

In November, the DM Working Group announced a workshop focused on the strategy to adopt model mapping in VOTables.
We are working hard to meet the needs of the community on this topic both now and in the future and encourage those thinking and needing DataModels to get involved.

The process was initiated in February by opening a use-case repository where everyone was welcomed to contribute:
         https://github.com/ivoa/dm-usecases <https://github.com/ivoa/dm-usecases>

We have a few interesting cases involving time series, standard properties of source catalogs and combined data.

The workshop is planned to take place as 3 focus sessions at the May Interop.  The Workshop topics include:
	o Presentation of the DM landscape
	o Presentation of the different proposals
	o Presentation of the scientific vision on the DM usage in the VO
	o Discussions

A Wrap-up session will take place after the Interop Workshop to hopefully close the debate on the model mapping in the VO.

** To prepare for the Workshop, we propose running a 2 hour Pre-Interop meeting where interested participants can evaluate our proposals with regard to the services they are operating or may need to build in the future.

The meeting is OPEN to everyone.  One thing we are trying to do though is target scientists/implementors who may consider volunteering to relate their experiences at the Interop Workshop.  We envision presenting feedback on the use-case work completed so far, or presenting a vision of where a more mature version of the use case could end up someday.

Please come, listen, and participate by filling in your availability for the Pre-Interop meeting below:
        https://evento.renater.fr/survey/pre-interop-meeting-schedule-iw5l2yzv <https://evento.renater.fr/survey/pre-interop-meeting-schedule-iw5l2yzv>

We look forward to seeing you all at the May Interop Workshop as well.

DM chairs

—
Translate with https://www.deepl.com/translator
--
jesuischarlie/Tunis/Paris/Bruxelles/Berlin

Laurent Michel
SSC XMM-Newton
Tél : +33 (0)3 68 85 24 37
Fax : +33 (0)3 )3 68 85 24 32