Call for application talks in Shanghai

Pierre Le Sidaner pierre.lesidaner at obspm.fr
Fri Apr 7 16:58:04 CEST 2017

Hi

I'd like to plan a talk on ID federation and authentication. Albert Shih
and Regis Haigron are building a prototype of authentication using the
ID federation. How to use ID federation if you have a standalone
application and not a web one.
The subject is more related to grid and Web-services, but the idea there
is to be able to use ID federation with a standalone application. As
classical federation use web and cookies, it is quite an issue. So
application people will have to implement the authentication system if
we decide that new project with proprietary period of data is needed or
storage and calculation resources will be provided.
I hope it will start to work at that time, and it should be a discussion
on what is needed for data providers and client, to make this worked.
Then what do we want in the VO if we decide to use ID federations.

I am not sure my text is clear enough, but I hope so
Pierre

On 03/30/2017 06:08 PM, Pierre Fernique wrote:

> Dear VO members,
>
> This is a *call for contributions to the Applications WG sessions* at
> the IVOA Interop meeting next May in Shanghai, China
>
> Submissions are invited from people who wish to present work on
> desktop, web or other applications relevant to the Virtual Observatory,
> particularly those which make use of IVOA standards. Presentations
> to stimulate discussion relevant to the applications community are
> also welcome.
>
> The format is generally talks of about 15 minutes.
> Please send requests for talks (title + presenter).
>
> Pierre Fernique (Apps Chair)
> Tom Donalson (Apps Vice-Chair)

                            Pierre Le Sidaner
                         Observatoire de Paris

Direction Informatique de l'Observatoire
Observatoire Virtuel 01 40 51 20 82
61, avenue de l'Observatoire 75014 Paris

mailto:pierre.lesidaner at obspm.fr
http://padc.obspm.fr