Spectrum Data Model Implementation

Pierre Didelon pdidelon at cea.fr
Mon Jun 7 08:36:25 PDT 2004

Tamas Budavari wrote:
> I believe this is relevant for many people on the dm, dal, grid, apps and
> votable IVOA mailing lists, so I figured I'd send it to interop...
>
> Following the proposal for the spectrum data model, we have completed a
> first implementation of an XML Web Service that returns spectra in the
> new VO (proposal) format. Please go to
>
> 	http://www.voservices.net/SpectrumSchemaWs/
>
> The links on the bottom of the page show you how our class gets serialized
> into different xml formats that might be simple or more complex depending
> on the content.  A VOTable version of them is also implemented for
> reference.
Hi,

Concerning the simple spectra VOTAble serialisation,
you have only 5 FIELD definitions with 8 TD cells in each row.
comparing with XML, it seems that definitions of Wavelength, BinLow & BinHigh
are missing.

Fields without meaning full value (like Error, ErrorLow,ErrorHigh & Quality)
can't be omitted? Or given as PARAM in the header to specifiy default
or unknown values,

SY

--
Pierre