VOSI 1.1 Erratum 1: XML versioning clarification and corrections

Brian Major major.brian at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 21:42:45 CEST 2018

Hi again Grid,

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 11:46 AM Brian Major <major.brian at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mark and Markus,
>
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 3:14 AM Mark Taylor <m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> One thing not clear to me: is the intention to remove the document
>> at http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VOSITables/VOSITables-v1.1.xsd,
>> which should not have been there in the first place
>> (since its content should be available from
>> at http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VOSITables/VOSITables-v1.0.xsd).
>>

> Yes, correct.

Sorry, I take that back.  I realized that the current state of VOSITables
in the schema repository was correct and intentional.  Please see this
email thread:  http://mail.ivoa.net/pipermail/grid/2018-January/002926.html

It is confusing, but there was a conceptual mixup of the versioning of the
schema and the versioning of the standard--the 1.1 schema in the repository
is versioned to match the standard and the 1.0 version correctly redirects
to 1.1.

So, I have simplified the erratum to only point out the versioning mistakes
in VOSI capabilities and availability schema in the VOSI 1.1 document.

    http://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/VOSI-1_1-Err-1

Brian