VOSI 1.1 Erratum 1: XML versioning clarification and corrections

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Aug 29 12:14:48 CEST 2018

Brian,

> On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 11:55:19AM -0700, Brian Major wrote:
> > Please have a look at the following erratum that pertains to some schema
> > versioning mistakes in VOSI 1.1:
> >
> >     http://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/VOSI-1_1-Err-1

One thing not clear to me: is the intention to remove the document
at http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VOSITables/VOSITables-v1.1.xsd,
which should not have been there in the first place
(since its content should be available from
at http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VOSITables/VOSITables-v1.0.xsd).

If so, then Markus's comment:

On Wed, 29 Aug 2018, Markus Demleitner wrote:

>   No functional impact is expected since the artifacts in the schema
>   repository are not touched as such; this is essentially a
>   documentation change.  Even if an implementor had chosen to copy
>   schema files from the standard document rather than the schema
>   repository, no impact is expected, as clients currently have no
>   reason to interpret version attributes in the schema files of
>   capabilities or availability.

would not be true, and a possible impact might be that anybody
(ill-advisedly) using the
http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VOSITables/VOSITables-v1.1.xsd resource
would see it disappear.

One other thing: I corrected a spelling mistake (effects -> affects).

Mark