VOSI tables target namespace

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Jul 23 00:55:57 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 09:59:02AM -0700, Patrick Dowler wrote:
> The VOSITables xsd that I have been using, and I am pretty sure the
> one that I submitted to the GWS WG during the VOSI RFC, is this one:
>
> https://code.google.com/p/opencadc/source/browse/projects/cadcVOSI/src/resources/VOSITables-v1.0.xsd
>
> It does define the correct targetNamespace...
>

> The xsd on voa.net seems to be derived from this, but with
> considerable stuff stripped out. Anyway, as far as I know (but I do
> use xerces java parser) the above linked xsd works correctly with
> full schema validation.
>
> Care to try it?

Interesting.  I'm wondering where the version on ivoa.net came from.

Anyway, this will work (except the version attribute should be 1.0
rather than 1.0rc3).  I was a bit confused yesterday by the
stipulation in the spec that the root element has to be of the type
vds:TableSet (PDF page 8) and therefore said we couldn't have an
additional schema.  But of course we have, since
{http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VOSITables/v1.0}tableset of course is of the
type {http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VODataService/v1.1}TableSet, so we're
fine with the spec, too.

I'd suggest an additional paragraph like

  This root element will in general be the tableset element from the
  IVOA schema for the namespace
  http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VOSITables/v1.0.

or something like this.

Be that as it may, we need to fix the schema on ivoa.net.  Who's
going to do this?

Cheers,

        Markus