Sesame problems

Thomas Boch thomas.boch at astro.unistra.fr
Thu Feb 11 06:55:29 PST 2010

Dear Petr,

We had a problem when upgrading the Sesame service yesterday.
The three URLs you mention should be working fine again now.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Cheers,

Thomas

Petr Skoda wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> I hope this is read by all service providers
> When I tried yesterday vodesktop (astrogrid client) it started to
> complain on Sesame service - although it used to work recently.
> The same complains go to any of the 3 sesame services  predefined in menu
>
> http://vizier.u-strasbg.fr/viz-bin/nph-sesame/
> http://vizier.cfa.harvard.edu/viz-bin/nph-sesame/
> http://vizier.hia.nrc.ca/viz-bin/nph-sesame/
>
> It used to work without any problems with default setup (to strasbg
> version) on Monday evening/Tuesday morning .
>
> What may be wrong ?
>
> I have just downloaded the version vodesktop-1.3.2.app.jar
> several days ago.
>
> But as it used to work (I have made many name queries through Voexplorer)
> I suspect something wrong with Sesame reply (formaly the URLs seem to
> generate some XML)
>

> Best regards,
>
> Petr Skoda

> *  Petr Skoda                         Phone : +420-323-649201, ext. 361 *
> *  Stellar Department                         +420-323-620361           *
> *  Astronomical Institute AS CR       Fax   : +420-323-620250           *
> *  251 65 Ondrejov                    e-mail: skoda at sunstel.asu.cas.cz  *
> *  Czech Republic                                                       *

Thomas Boch
  CDS/Observatoire Astronomique   Phone  : 33 (0)3 68 85 24 42
  11, rue de l'Universite         Fax    : 33 (0)3 68 85 24 17
  F-67000 Strasbourg              Email  : thomas.boch at astro.unistra.fr
  France                          http://cdsweb.u-strasbg.fr/~boch