Sesame problems

Petr Skoda skoda at sunstel.asu.cas.cz
Thu Feb 11 01:57:22 PST 2010

Hi All!

I hope this is read by all service providers
When I tried yesterday vodesktop (astrogrid client) it started to complain
on Sesame service - although it used to work recently.
The same complains go to any of the 3 sesame services  predefined in menu

http://vizier.u-strasbg.fr/viz-bin/nph-sesame/
http://vizier.cfa.harvard.edu/viz-bin/nph-sesame/
http://vizier.hia.nrc.ca/viz-bin/nph-sesame/

It used to work without any problems with default setup (to strasbg
version) on Monday evening/Tuesday morning .

What may be wrong ?

I have just downloaded the version vodesktop-1.3.2.app.jar
several days ago.

But as it used to work (I have made many name queries through Voexplorer)
I suspect something wrong with Sesame reply (formaly the URLs seem to
generate some XML)

Best regards,

Petr Skoda

*  Petr Skoda                         Phone : +420-323-649201, ext. 361 *
*  Stellar Department                         +420-323-620361           *
*  Astronomical Institute AS CR       Fax   : +420-323-620250           *
*  251 65 Ondrejov                    e-mail: skoda at sunstel.asu.cas.cz  *
*  Czech Republic                                                       *