Versioning

Matthew Graham mjg at cacr.caltech.edu
Thu Jul 2 11:07:18 PDT 2009

Hi Doug,

The standards documents says:

"The number to the left of the (first) decimal point starts with 0 for
documents that are being discussed within a Working Group prior to
publication for IVOA-wide review.  The number increments to 1 for the
first public version, and to 2, 3, ..., for subsequent versions that
are not backward compatible and/or require substantial revisions to
implementations."

The definition of a Working Draft is:

"A Working Draft is published at the discretion of a Working Group
once the WG is satisfied that the document is sufficiently developed
to merit broader exposure and feedback"

So I think that a Working Draft fulfils the "IVOA-wide review"
criterion.

If the integer progression is only a prerequisite for REC versions
then the standards document needs to be amended to say this.

	Cheers,

	Matthew