new version of REST in the VO

Guy Rixon gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Thu Nov 6 08:13:32 PST 2008

On 6 Nov 2008, at 15:59, schaaff at newb6.u-strasbg.fr wrote:

>> If I select a
>> random toolkit, is it likely to let me build a pre-defined service
>> (e.g. UWS), or do I have to pick a toolkit to suit my design?
>>
> Concerning for example UWS we will probably have UWS toolkits (e.g.
> Java UWS toolkit at CDS...) for different languages and thus it
> will be transparent for the end developer.
> Do you think that it will be so ?

I think it's quite likely that we will have reusable UWS-client
libraries. I don't know how reusable a UWS-service toolkit would be
between applications of UWS. It would be interesting to know if, for
example, the CDS toolkit would work for both TAP and CEA, or whether
it would be easier to write separate code for each kind of service.

Cheers,
Guy