Definitive version of the VOTable schema for web services

Doug Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Tue Jul 29 19:51:36 PDT 2008

Hi -

I sympathize with the folks who don't much care about automatically
code-binding a VOTable, as this makes little sense for such a complex
object, however we have little need for a recursive constructs in
a table mechanism.  Simplifying the schema would have little effect
on any existing, heavily used code but could simplify these SOAP use
cases so might be worthwhile in any case.  On the other hand, why are
we referencing something as large and complex as the VOTable schema
at all in a SOAP call? (the same question would apply to something
like STC).  There ought to be a way to pass-through the VOTable as a
string without need to reference the schema.  The schema should only be
used for simple function arguments can be bound to language datatypes.

	- Doug