Proposal to prune Standard Interfaces 0.1

Guy Rixon gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Mon May 10 09:33:01 PDT 2004

When v0.1 of the Standard Interfaces specification was announced, some aspects
were challenged:

 - HarvestLog operation;

 - Position and ContactDetails metadata in the availabililty interface.

Since we don't have consensus on those, and since it's much easier to add
features than to retire them, I suggest that we drop these features from the
intial version of the standard and keep the bits where we do have consensus.
If a need for the other parts arises afterwards, then we can release a
revision.

This was the approach taken in my WSDL encoding of Wil's words.

Guy Rixon 				        gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Institute of Astronomy   	                Tel: +44-1223-337542
Madingley Road, Cambridge, UK, CB3 0HA		Fax: +44-1223-337523