MSO and multiple communities

Guy Rixon gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 6 05:52:01 PDT 2004

Pure SSO has a problem if service providers are picky about which communities
they trust.

Suppose user U joins community A. Service providers X and Y trust
A, therefore accept requests from U(A). Service provider Z doesn't trust A but
does trust community B. Therefore, U joins B as well and Z accepts requests
from U(B). U then needs to combine X, Y and Z in one workflow and therefore
needs to be U(A) and U(B) at the same time.

Guy Rixon 				        gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk