MSO and multiple communities

Tony Linde ael at star.le.ac.uk
Tue Jul 6 06:14:49 PDT 2004

> Suppose user U joins community A. Service providers X and Y
> trust A, therefore accept requests from U(A). Service

I'm not sure I know what you mean by trust.

I would have thought trust was to do with authentication. You authenticate
yourself to the server to which you sign on and rely on that server being
trusted by downstream servers.

If you mean privileges, these reside in the groups. If a person is a member
of a group then they have the privileges of that group. That may include
access to data, storage rights at a given location etc.

How a (data, storage, etc) service knows that it can trust some request that
says that the person belongs to a privileged group is another issue, but it
still has nothing to do with communities.

Cheers,
Tony.