ADASS discussions

Alasdair Allan aa at astro.ex.ac.uk
Mon Sep 22 07:40:29 PDT 2003

> > This at least means that the infrastructure is usable _now_ which is
> > starting to become very, very, important. If persistance becomes vital
> > it can be introduced by using cookies at the web service level in the
> > short term, before moving to a full Grid-enabled service (although
> > perhaps still allowing simpler queries to the service to be via a
> > pure-SOAP call?).
>
> I'm not familiar with "SOAP cookies".  I know of the WS-Context standard,
> which is what Parastatidis et al. recommend as (part of) the alternative
> to OGSI; are they the same?

Sorry, I was talking about using the HTTP cookie jar to carry state
information between SOAP calls, much like I do here...

  http://www.astro.ex.ac.uk/estar/software/cookie_daemon.tar.gz

although WS-Context is probably a better way of going about things as its
not transport layer specific... ;)

Cheers,
Al.
--
Dr. A. Allan, School of Physics, University of Exeter