ADASS discussions

Guy Rixon gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 22 06:30:06 PDT 2003

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Alasdair Allan wrote:

> > Parastatidis et al.
>
> Is this conference proceedings/journal paper? I haven't seen it, do you
> have a full reference handy?

http://www.neresc.ac.uk/projects/gaf/A%20Grid%20Application%20Framework%20based%20on%20Web%20Services%20Specifications%20and%20Practices%20v1.0.pdf

It's a white paper.  I'd urge anybody planning to use OGSI to read this.

> This at least means that the infrastructure is usable _now_ which is
> starting to become very, very, important. If persistance becomes vital
> it can be introduced by using cookies at the web service level in the
> short term, before moving to a full Grid-enabled service (although perhaps
> still allowing simpler queries to the service to be via a pure-SOAP
> call?).

I'm not familiar with "SOAP cookies".  I know of the WS-Context standard,
which is what Parastatidis et al. recommend as (part of) the alternative
to OGSI; are they the same?

Guy Rixon 				        gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Institute of Astronomy   	                Tel: +44-1223-337542
Madingley Road, Cambridge, UK, CB3 0HA		Fax: +44-1223-337523