ADASS discussions

Chenzhou Cui ccz at bao.ac.cn
Mon Sep 22 21:18:34 PDT 2003

Guy Rixon wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Alasdair Allan wrote:

> Recently, I'm beginning to wonder if OGSI is worth the bother.  Here in Java
> land, we're stuck with GT3 as the only implementation, which makes development
> slow and difficult.  Parastatidis et al. have questioned the usefulness of
> OGSI as a standard, proposing an alternative that matches better to web
> services standards.  If we don't do OGSI now, I'm wondering if it will have
> become obsolete by the time we need to exploit it.

I think it is suitable for a small VO project, such as China-VO, to
focus its effort on one choice or just a few choices. We can adopt other
technologies after they have been implemented successfully in other VO
projects.

What's more, the flag of Grid can absorb many eyes from IT community.
It's very useful for VO development.

> Guy Rixon 				        gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
> Institute of Astronomy   	                Tel: +44-1223-337542
> Madingley Road, Cambridge, UK, CB3 0HA		Fax: +44-1223-337523

Chenzhou Cui
National Astronomical Observatory | Tel: (8610)64877703-1328
Chinese Academy of Sciences       | FAX: (8610)64878240
Datun Road 20A, Chaoyang District | Email: ccz at bao.ac.cn
Beijing 100012, China             | WWW: www.lamost.org/~cb