MANGO DM in working draft

Laurent Michel laurent.michel at astro.unistra.fr
Tue Oct 22 17:40:23 CEST 2024

Dear DM,

We are pleased to announce the release of the first official MANGO working draft.

WHAT IS MANGO
==============
The purpose of MANGO, which stands for MO-del for AN-notating G-eneric
O-objects, is to add an upper level of description to the tabular data of
query responses.
It allows metadata to be extended, complex quantities to be reconstructed from multiple
column values and properties to be linked together.
It also allows to specify the origin of the data.

WHAT TO DO WITH MANGO
=======================
- The main application we are aiming for MANGO is to be used in conjunction
  with MIVOT to annotate DAL responses.
- It could also be used as a common schema for machine-readable messages
  exchanged between different parties  (SAMP, REST...).

WHERE TO GET DOCUMENTATION
=============================
- WIKI PAGE: https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/MANGO-1_0
- GITHUB: https://github.com/ivoa-std/MANGO
- PREVIEW: https://github.com/ivoa-std/MANGO/releases (take the most recent one)

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE
===================
You can:
- Comment on the Wiki
- Comment on the list
- Open Github issues
- Open Merge Requests

WATCHOUT
=========
If you plan to open MRs, please read the Wiki carefully which explains the workflow that is used to build a bundle made of PDF/Latex/VO-DML/Mivot material and do not hesitate to ask questions.

All the best,

The authors