Various minor problems in VO-DML repo

Paul Harrison paul.harrison at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Feb 23 10:07:31 CET 2023

> On 23 Feb 2023, at 07:45, Markus Demleitner <msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:
>
> And lugging the old minor versions around does have a price tag.  For
> instance, these minor-versioned URIs may tempt people into putting
> these into MIVOT's MODEL/@url.   Whether or not that's bad is an
> interesting question (which perhaps also should be addressed in
> MIVOT).  If this were XML, it'd be a disaster.

It has already got bad - there were explicit absolute URLs between models that were stored and developed in Volute that broke
when they were moved to GitHub - this is why I am advocating only referring to models by name and then looking for the models using the rules that I proposed earlier in the thread. It can be thought of that there is an vo-dml namespace in which models have unique names - note that only the name is used for referencing so that in fact in this scheme the version is only informational - if a radical change is made to a model it might have to be called something else.

Paul.