Transf WD Euler transformation

Laurent MICHEL laurent.michel at astro.unistra.fr
Fri Apr 3 15:11:18 CEST 2020

Hello,

I do not practice Euler transformations daily, but according to my
college souvenirs, that is by definition a 3D rotation with a well
defined sequence of rotation axis.
In my understanding, the Euler rotation is even not a particular case of
the Transf rotation since the 3 Euler rotations are not about native
axis as stated in the definition you give.

> Defines a rotation operation in a 3-dimensional cartesian coordinate space, defined as a series of rotations about the native axes (x,y,z)

If I'm right, the class should be renamed (RotationSequence ?). If not,
my comment is no longer relevant.

Laurent

      11 Rue de l'Universite      Mail laurent.michel at astro.unistra.fr