Provenance DM: WD stage ended

Ole Streicher ole at aip.de
Thu Jul 18 11:36:58 CEST 2019

Dear all,

unfortunately the document editor did not have any communication with me
about the issues in the past five weeks. Even explicit requests to
discuss the issues were ignored. So, there were absolutely no attempts
to obtain consensus for any of the issues I raised. Other authors (which
were not contacted by the editor) also did not have a chance to take
part in the decision process.

This leads now to the situation that his list of answers and changes is
incomplete, partially wrong and does not have consensus among the
authors of the draft.

IVOA standards development should be however transparent and consent
driven; not even attempting to reach common consent between the authors
during the four week WD period is a failure of that process.

Therefore, I request (again, this time publicly on the DM list) that we
must try to reach consensus before a PR is promoted. Hopefully, this
time my request does not get ignored.

Best regards

Ole (co-author of the standard)