obscore 1.1 - small issues

Marco Molinaro molinaro at oats.inaf.it
Tue Aug 22 10:29:00 CEST 2017

Dear DM,
working on ObsCore-1.1 in the development of a tool to try to help
administering that table we found a few discrepancies in the REC text.

1 - pol_states
This field is listed as mandatory in §3.2 (Table 1, page 21) but then,
Appendix B page 42, in Table 5 the MANdatory column says NO. After that,
Table 6 on page 57 lists pol_states again among the mandatory fields.

This looks like simply a typo.

2 - t_refpos
This field is listed in Table 5 (Appendix B) page 41 as an optional one,
but has no other entry in the specification, e.g. it has no entry in Table
7 (Appendix C.2) so that no Utype or UCD is defined for it.

This one looks like a simple forgetfulness.

3 - units for strings
Table 5 (pagg. 40-43) reports units for the various fields. However it
defines string-type fields to be unitless except for s_region (no value is
reported) and proposal_id (which is set as unit=string).

We think this is, again, only a minor typo since strings are unitless
(blank in VOUnits).

Sorry for reporting this after ObsCore-1.1 reached REC.
How do you think we can fix this? Would an erratum (even a single
encompassing one) do?

Cheers,
    Sonia & Marco