obscore 1.1 - small issues

Mireille Louys mireille.louys at unistra.fr
Tue Aug 22 11:24:07 CEST 2017

Hi Sonia & Marco, Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback in this precise implementation of the Obscore
1.1 specification.

Apologies for these typos and  missing descriptions terms that went
through our vigilance as authors and editors.
We are aware that when a model offers many fields, many implementations
are needed to test all the fields precisely and extensively.

I have not experienced the errata process yet, but it seems appropriate
here.

Cheers , Mireille.

Le 22/08/2017 à 10:29, Marco Molinaro a écrit :
> Dear DM,
> working on ObsCore-1.1 in the development of a tool to try to help
> administering that table we found a few discrepancies in the REC text.
>
> 1 - pol_states
> This field is listed as mandatory in §3.2 (Table 1, page 21) but then,
> Appendix B page 42, in Table 5 the MANdatory column says NO. After
> that, Table 6 on page 57 lists pol_states again among the mandatory
> fields.
>
> This looks like simply a typo.
>
> 2 - t_refpos
> This field is listed in Table 5 (Appendix B) page 41 as an optional
> one, but has no other entry in the specification, e.g. it has no entry
> in Table 7 (Appendix C.2) so that no Utype or UCD is defined for it.
>
> This one looks like a simple forgetfulness.
>
> 3 - units for strings
> Table 5 (pagg. 40-43) reports units for the various fields. However it
> defines string-type fields to be unitless except for s_region (no
> value is reported) and proposal_id (which is set as unit=string).
>
> We think this is, again, only a minor typo since strings are unitless
> (blank in VOUnits).
>
> Sorry for reporting this after ObsCore-1.1 reached REC.
> How do you think we can fix this? Would an erratum (even a single
> encompassing one) do?
>
> Cheers,
>     Sonia & Marco

Mireille Louys
CDS  						Laboratoire Icube
Observatoire de Strasbourg	Telecom Physique Strasbourg
11 rue de l'Université 		300, Bd Sebastien Brandt CS 10413
F- 67000-STRASBOURG			F-67412 ILLKIRCH Cedex
tel: +33 3 68 85 24 34