Fwd: Re: Cube/ImageDM - new diagram set.

Douglas Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Fri May 2 04:43:57 PDT 2014

On Fri, 2 May 2014, Louys Mireille wrote:
> I would just insure that the Characterisation DM is still in agreement.

The same point should be made about the SpectralDM 2.0.  I just checked,
and the Utypes in the latest draft do not agree with ObsCore or Char.

There was a time once, about 3 years ago, when we were trying to fast
track an update of the SpectrumDM to a generalized SpectralDM and wanted
compatibility with the existing standards and implementations at the
time.  However if are still now finalizing SpectralDM 2.0, and have
decided that ImageDM should extend ObsCore, I suggest that the new
SpectralDM should do so as well.

All of these primary data models - ObsCore/Char/ObsTAP, ImageDM, and
SpectralDM, should at this point share the same core data model based
upon the latest Char2 Utypes.  We already pretty much reached that point
last fall.

 	- Doug