Expressing 2- and 3-D coordinates

Alasdair Allan aa at astro.ex.ac.uk
Thu Dec 15 06:33:59 PST 2005

Ed Shaya wrote:
> In other words, projects like VOEvent should not guide the VO.  It
> should be informed by the VO and VO should be informed of it.

So you're saying VOEvent is not part of the VO? Err, that doesn't make
a lot of sense to me...

If you're saying that it is part of the VO, but that the VO standards
process should not be guided by it, then again this doesn't make a lot
of sense to me. It's a core VO project, it needs certain things from
other parts of the VO, why shouldn't the evolution of those standards
by influenced by the needs of VOEvent?

Al.