[Data Characterisation]: Spatial domain models comparison

Alberto Micol Alberto.Micol at eso.org
Thu Nov 6 13:25:02 PST 2003

Dear All,

I have tried to compare the spatial part (to start with) of the various
coverage models I have seen so far.

Notes:

   1. Polarisation not included.
   2. Probably too biased towards the optical regime; please, X, Radio,
      Interferometry experts: intervene!
   3. Bob, Pat, Doug: My apologies if I have missed something, please
      send me any necessary corrections.
   4. Suggested names are likely to change after similar work on other
      axes is carried out (aim: uniform description of different axes).
   5. I still have to read Arnold's STC Metadata document! It should
      really be included in the comparison here. But since reading it
      could take me a while, may I ask you
      Arnold to help me filling the gap ? sorry ...

Alberto

http://archive.eso.org/~amicol/VO/DM/coverage/spatial_comparison.html
<http://archive.eso.org/%7Eamicol/VO/DM/coverage/spatial_comparison.html>