Small addendum

Doug Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Thu Nov 6 12:25:18 PST 2003

My last comment applies here as well.  The model we are looking at now
is for characterizing generic datasets.  Details such as slightly nonsquare
pixels are probably best dealt with in the WCS.  Information about
quantities such as airmass, seeing, etc., are specific to a particular
class of instrument (ground based) and, while we might want to include
such information, this is probably third or fourth level metadata.  At the
level we are looking at now all we need for e.g., seeing, is a measure of
the spatial resolution of the physical signal being sampled.