IDHA VOTABLE XML URL

Francois Bonnarel bonnarel at alinda.u-strasbg.fr
Wed Mar 5 00:55:26 PST 2003

hello markus and data modellers,

   After a first answer by Pierre, these are complements
<***
<
< > One can also restrict to a survey by survey=soandso or a band by
< >  color=soandso
<
<Would you have an example for the use of survey= and color= ?
<Whatever value I try it returns "ERROR : NO ROW SELECTED"
<
<***
The valid values for survey= are
&survey=GOODS-WFI&
&survey=GOODS-ACIS&
&survey=GOODS-ISAAC&
&survey=GOODS-HST-ISAAC&
that is all the observing programs as they appear in the tree

the color argument cannot be used without a survey argument (it is just
an additional restriction)
Tha valid values are all the band names as they appear in the tree,
that is ICLWP, RC162, U38, etc ....
valid examples are:
&survey=GOODS-WFI&color=ICLWP&
&survey=GOODS-ISAAC&color=J&
etc...
<
<In the given context, what is the purpose of setting position and radius?
<Is it to exclude all meta data for images and surveys which do not
<overlap with the given region of interest?
<
<***
This functionnality was not used by the AVO demo because in that case the
URL was fixed with position at CDFS center and radius at 0.25 degrees.

But the answer is yes: the list of observations obtained is the list of data
with no empty intersection with the cone search.
Radius = 0. means  that the position given is a pixel within the listed
observations.

Last remark.
  The URL used by the AVO prototype, and the one I published here have
few differences. As I explained in the january meeting I was not happy
with a few features in the output for the AVO prototype, which I fixed
before publishing an URL to this list. Of course the AVO prototype (with
-net option) is still using the old URL.

Best regards
Francois

Francois   Bonnarel               Observatoire Astronomique de Strasbourg
CDS (Centre de donnees          11, rue de l'Universite
astronomiques de Strasbourg)    F--67000 Strasbourg (France)

Tel: +33-(0)3 90 24 24 11       WWW: http://cdsweb.u-strasbg.fr/people/fb.html
Fax: +33-(0)3 90 24 24 25       E-mail: bonnarel at astro.u-strasbg.fr