IDHA VOTABLE XML URL

Markus Dolensky Markus.Dolensky at eso.org
Tue Mar 4 06:34:41 PST 2003

Hi Francois,

thanks for working on the aspects of the metadata browser.

There are two .xml files in the AVO prototype installation directory for
the off-line mode. Apparently, they define the GOODS panel and implement
a separation into images and catalogs. Which CGI parameter settings
produce the original backuptree.xml and backupcattree.xml respectively?

***

 > One can also restrict to a survey by survey=soandso or a band by
 >  color=soandso

Would you have an example for the use of survey= and color= ?
Whatever value I try it returns "ERROR : NO ROW SELECTED"

***

In the given context, what is the purpose of setting position and radius?
Is it to exclude all meta data for images and surveys which do not
overlap with the given region of interest?

***

Is there a way to tell Aladin to pick up a local IDHA VOTable file
produced by your CGI in ON-line mode (i.e. WITHOUT startup parameter
-local)?

***

>    What is to come next.
>      a) the inclusion in the stoarge mapping section of an image
>    location: filepath, URL or Glu mark.

Yes. As you know we'd love to have this functionality.

>     b) a documentation on how to write trees comaptible with this
>     format.

Markus

+---
| Markus Dolensky   Mailto:Markus.Dolensky at eso.org
| AVO Senior System Engineer  Web: www.euro-vo.org
| Voice: ++49 89 32006/261  Fax: ++49 89 32006/480
+---