IDHA VOTABLE XML URL

Alberto Micol Alberto.Micol at eso.org
Wed Mar 12 03:55:21 PST 2003

> As promised in the informal Garching meeting last month,
>
>    I give an access to an URL producing the kind of IDHA VOTABLE

Dear Francois,

First of all, sorry for answering so late ...
Having said that,

Thanks a lot! That's a very nice utility.

> b) a documentation on how to write trees comaptible with this format.

Indeed, this would be more than welcome, since we have to build our own CGIs
to interface with our own databases, and in the end, we our data model.

If I can express my dream, it would be nice to have the kind of functionality
you built in the GOODS tree of the AVO demo, but for the more general case,
for a generic VO user.

Basically I'd like to see a component to help a user transverse a tree that is generated
on the fly by a  user request involving remote data centres.

For example, by pressing the Aladin GOODS button (let's rename it DataTree button)
the user could be presented with an interface (a la Skycat) that allows him/her to connect
to various conesearch URLs (HST, CHANDRA, etc).
Such conesearch services should return the XML tree for a user selected
region of the sky.
Then the DataTree component should collect the various trees, and compile them into a
single DataTree which is in the end shown to the user, in the same way it is done now.
Being dynamically built, the tree should point to the selected data centres to get
to the images.

What would you think ?

Thanks a lot,

Alberto

--
Alberto.Micol at eso.org                         Tel: +49 89 32006365
HST Science Archive       ST-ECF              Fax: +49 89 32006480