REMINDER - DAL Running Meeting #18 - SODA-next

BONNAREL FRANCOIS francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr
Thu Apr 18 18:51:51 CEST 2024

Dear Mark, all

Le 17/04/2024 à 22:42, CresitelloDittmar, Mark via dal a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm afraid that I won't be able to attend this meeting (too late/early
> for me), but I'm excited to see the SODA-next items on the agenda.
> In lieu of my attendance, I'd just like to pass along this statement
> regarding the connection of these items to the Cube data model.
>
> Many of the new services are directly connected to the original
> motivation for working on the Cube model and its subcomponents.
> They are supposed to give the data model support behind the services:
>    * image cutouts in WCS and/or Pixels => Coords and Transforms
>    * dataset metadata transfer => Dataset DM

For the "metadata" feature we can indeed imagine that the serialization
of datamodels such as datasetDM, transform, CAOM, ProvDM could be
released (for example using mIVOT on top of a VOtable)

For the data extraction  itself it was already the case in SODA1.0 and
will be more in SODA1.1 (with resampling for example) that what SODA
does is actually forcing the response to match some ObsCore
characterization features.

In other words you are demanding the service to build from the original
dataset a new dataset which will have
s_ra,s_dec,s_fov,su_resolution,em_min,em_max,etc.... such and such.

I don't know yet if other datamodels than ObsCore could play the same role

Cheers

François