REMINDER - DAL Running Meeting #18 - SODA-next

CresitelloDittmar, Mark mdittmar at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Apr 17 22:42:44 CEST 2024

Hi,

I'm afraid that I won't be able to attend this meeting (too late/early for
me), but I'm excited to see the SODA-next items on the agenda.
In lieu of my attendance, I'd just like to pass along this statement
regarding the connection of these items to the Cube data model.

Many of the new services are directly connected to the original motivation
for working on the Cube model and its subcomponents.
They are supposed to give the data model support behind the services:
   * image cutouts in WCS and/or Pixels => Coords and Transforms
   * dataset metadata transfer => Dataset DM

I would like to make sure there is a component to this project which
relates the services and implementations back to the data models to make
sure this goal is satisfied.
It also ties into the discussion for the Joint session at the interop...
   * how will the implementations tag the information in the query and
response to the application.. associating the interface arguments with the
model elements.?

Let me know how we can help!
Mark