Odd preview terms in public datalink vocabulary?

Patrick Dowler pdowler.cadc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 17:59:16 CEST 2017

The vocabulary doc at that URL is an old (draft) one and I have tried
several times to work with web site maintainer to fix this and expose
the right one (only). That has not been successful.

The ~current vocabulary is at

http://www.ivoa.net/rdf/datalink/core/2014-10-30/

but the .htaccess magic to pick the latest version from

http://www.ivoa.net/rdf/datalink/core

isn't working. The old doc should be deleted and the 2014-10-30 one is
the first correct one. I think the .htaccess magic is probably clever
but not the right way to go; I would probably go with something that
requires no server-side magic at all. I could do that in an hour or so
and was going to once the basic site maintainence was  done (remove
the wrong doc).

Pat

On 26 April 2017 at 08:11, Markus Demleitner
<msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:
> Dear DAL,
>
> I was just looking at the vocabulary of datalink terms,
> http://ivoa.net/rdf/datalink/, and I was dismayed to see that
> #image and #plot -- both overly broad and potentially applicable for
> a lot besides previews -- are in there as children of #preview.
>
> Now, fortunately, in the csv source that (I think) is what was
> actually voted on in RFC,
> https://volute.g-vo.org/svn/trunk/projects/dal/DataLink/datalink-terms/src/datalink-terms.csv,
> these things look like this:
>
> preview-image,2,Image preview,preview of the data as a 2-dimensional image
> preview-plot,2,Plot preview,preview of the data as a plot (e.g. spectrum or light-curve)
>
> -- which makes a lot more sense.
>
> So...
>
> (1) where do the(really unfortunate) terms in the HTML (but TTL, too)
> list on ivoa.net come from?  Isn't the thing on the IVOA site
> generated from the CSV?  Was it generated from an outdated version?
>
> (2) can we fix them to match what's in the CSV?
>
> (3) who can do that?
>
> While I'm talking about datalink terms, there's still my proposed
> terms on http://wiki.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/VEPs/vep001.txt -- are
> there any news on what I need to do to get them into the list?
>
>       -- Markus

Victoria, BC, Canada