Odd preview terms in public datalink vocabulary?

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Apr 26 17:11:16 CEST 2017

Dear DAL,

I was just looking at the vocabulary of datalink terms,
http://ivoa.net/rdf/datalink/, and I was dismayed to see that
#image and #plot -- both overly broad and potentially applicable for
a lot besides previews -- are in there as children of #preview.

Now, fortunately, in the csv source that (I think) is what was
actually voted on in RFC,
https://volute.g-vo.org/svn/trunk/projects/dal/DataLink/datalink-terms/src/datalink-terms.csv,
these things look like this:

preview-image,2,Image preview,preview of the data as a 2-dimensional image
preview-plot,2,Plot preview,preview of the data as a plot (e.g. spectrum or light-curve)

-- which makes a lot more sense.

So...

(1) where do the(really unfortunate) terms in the HTML (but TTL, too)
list on ivoa.net come from?  Isn't the thing on the IVOA site
generated from the CSV?  Was it generated from an outdated version?

(2) can we fix them to match what's in the CSV?

(3) who can do that?

While I'm talking about datalink terms, there's still my proposed
terms on http://wiki.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/VEPs/vep001.txt -- are
there any news on what I need to do to get them into the list?

      -- Markus