Cube Data Access Layer implementation note

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Mar 2 09:06:09 CET 2016

Hi Laurent,

On Tue, Mar 01, 2016 at 06:10:07PM +0100, Laurent Michel wrote:
> I believe there is no requirement for this.
> So it seems to me legal for DAL responses to have
>
>    access_type=application/xml+votable;content=soda (Mime type to be validated)
>
> Providing that way a direct access to a SODA service described
> ahead in the response.

What would be the content of this document?

Are you really proposing defining yet another format that our
services would have to produce and that our clients would have to
parse?  To define another service interface?  When Datalink does all
we need?

I may be dumb, but I simply cannot understand what problem you see
with simply using datalink as the "SODA self-description".  Perhaps
you can try again with an explanation?

       -- Markus