Cube Data Access Layer implementation note

Laurent Michel laurent.michel at astro.unistra.fr
Wed Mar 2 17:20:37 CET 2016

Hi Markus

Let's "try again with an explanation":

Imagine the following fields in your DAL response (SIAV2 e.g.)

  access_type=application/xml+votable;content=soda
  access_url=http://my.soda?ID=xyz

These 2 values are enough to run SODA with the common parameters (POS,TIME..).
The relevant parameter ranges can likely be found within the current VOTable. No need to any explicit reference to any DM for this.
If you want to refine the SODA description, just run http://my.soda?ID=xyz and get a classical service descriptor.

As you can see, I do not propose any new format at all.
I just want to provide SODA with the capability of running with the simplest way.

To me, the gain is 2 folds: 1) No need operate a Datalink service to run a SODA service 2) Applying this scheme to DataLink
response could (or not - up to you) save the duplication of the SODA service descriptor for each link.
The (low) cost: pushing the parameter description from the Datalink service to this new and simple SODA capability .

Cheers
Laurent

--
jesuischarlie