Cube Data Access Layer implementation note

Laurent Michel laurent.michel at astro.unistra.fr
Tue Mar 1 18:10:07 CET 2016

Hello,

As this discussion seems to go around in circles, I'm going to try another attack angle.

All examples or discussion seen right now are based on the fact the SODA service are invoked from a Data link response.

I believe there is no requirement for this.
So it seems to me legal for DAL responses to have

    access_type=application/xml+votable;content=soda (Mime type to be validated)

Providing that way a direct access to a SODA service described ahead in the response.

If this is not true the  SODA functionality will enter the Datalink scope.

According to this, the SODA discussion should remain out of the scope of DataLink. However the distinction between these 2
protocols will have to be clarified again and again, since lots of VO users are not comfortable at all with that.

My conclusion is that the discussion should remain focused on SODA (gripes) discussion and not polluted with Datalink
considerations. In any case, a SODA service can be described in either in DAL responses or in Datalink responses.

Cheers
LM

--
jesuischarlie