Datalink vocabulary

Norman Gray norman at astro.gla.ac.uk
Tue Sep 16 00:02:59 CEST 2014

Pat, hello.

On 2014 Sep 15, at 20:26, Patrick Dowler <patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca> wrote:

> IMO, we should live with what's there now (html page) and work on the content; the technicalities can be fixed in the next upload.

That, and your suggested process, seems eminently sensible.

If the README in the volute directory isn't adequately clear and precise for said nominee, then we should take this opportunity to improve it.

I should note that the vocabulary defines the namespace as <http://www.ivoa.net/rdf/datalink/core>, not <http://www.ivoa.net/rdf/datalink/>.  This is partly to give the Datalink process the freedom to produce one or more non-core namespaces in future, but also (more pragmatically) because this combines with the URI resolution algorithm to make the various resulting URIs look slightly tidier (people might intuit that <http://www.ivoa.net/rdf/datalink/#foo>, with the /# clash of punctuation, is some sort of typo; also the .htaccess file looks marginally clearer to read and write).  It makes no technical difference.

See you,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk