Datalink vocabulary

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Mon Sep 15 21:26:38 CEST 2014

Yeah, this. Since the whole site was moving when I got the .htaccess
stuff from Norman, I decided to wait until everything was transfered to
the new hosts before embarking on this config bit. So, now is the time
to set that up right.

The source that can build a zip file to send to the document coordinator
is all in volute and, following the way Apps-WG handles mtypes I think
we previously decided that the we would approve vocabulary changes via
WG discussion and then the chair/vice-chair or someone they designate
could modify the source and create a new version to deploy on the web site.

IMO, we should live with what's there now (html page) and work on the
content; the technicalities can be fixed in the next upload.

Pat

PS-Working on the PR document w.r.t. RFC page comments right now. I see
one outstanding issue that I'll post separately in the next day or so.

On 11/09/14 05:09 AM, Norman Gray wrote:

> Markus and all, hello.
>
> On 2014 Sep 11, at 09:15, Markus Demleitner <msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:
>
>> Dear DAL,
>>
>> [taking the discussion from interop to DAL]
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 08:54:43AM +0200, François Bonnarel wrote:
>>>     Thanks to Mireille, Laurent, Norman, Pat and Sarah the datalink
>>> vocabulary for semantics of the links in DataLink is now available
>>> here:
>>> http://www.ivoa.net/rdf/datalink/
>
> These aren't currently working as they should:
>
> % pwd
> /checkouts/code.google.com/volute/trunk/projects/dal/DataLink/datalink-terms
> % make check-dist
> ./check-uris.sh
> Failed: http://www.ivoa.net/rdf/datalink/core [accept:text/html]
>      produced status=404, Location=
>      expected status=303, Location=http://www.ivoa.net/rdf/datalink/2014-08-01/datalink-core-2014-08-01.html
> Failed: http://www.ivoa.net/rdf/datalink/2014-08-01/datalink-core-2014-08-01.html
>      produced status=404
>      expected status=200
> Failed: http://www.ivoa.net/rdf/datalink/core []
>      produced status=404, Location=
>      expected status=303, Location=http://www.ivoa.net/rdf/datalink/2014-08-01/datalink-core-2014-08-01.html
> Failed: http://www.ivoa.net/rdf/datalink/core [accept:text/turtle]
>      produced status=404, Location=
>      expected status=303, Location=http://www.ivoa.net/rdf/datalink/2014-08-01/datalink-core-2014-08-01.ttl
> Failed: http://www.ivoa.net/rdf/datalink/2014-08-01/datalink-core-2014-08-01.ttl
>      produced status=404
>      expected status=200
> Failed: http://www.ivoa.net/rdf/datalink/core [accept:application/rdf+xml]
>      produced status=404, Location=
>      expected status=303, Location=http://www.ivoa.net/rdf/datalink/2014-08-01/datalink-core-2014-08-01.rdf
> Failed: http://www.ivoa.net/rdf/datalink/2014-08-01/datalink-core-2014-08-01.rdf
>      produced status=404
>      expected status=200
> Failed: http://www.ivoa.net/rdf/datalink/datalink-core-2014-08-01.tar.gz
>      produced status=404
>      expected status=200
> Some tests failed.  Boo!
> %
>
> (this test is in volute: trunk/projects/dal/DataLink/datalink-terms/)
>
> I suspect that the .htaccess file (in the distribution .tar.gz file) isn't installed quite correctly.  The following should produce a 303 redirection:
>
> % curl -i http://www.ivoa.net/rdf/datalink/core
> HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
> Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 11:12:11 GMT
> Server: Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS)

> <title>404 Not Found</title>
> </head><body>
> <h1>Not Found</h1>
> <hr>
> <address>Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) Server at www.ivoa.net Port 80</address>
> %
>
>> One thing I notice is that the "self" thing I've advocated is missing
> [...]

National Research Council Canada
5071 West Saanich Road
Victoria, BC V9E 2E7

250-363-0044 (office) 250-363-0045 (fax)