Multi-dimensional Data Access minimal requirements

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Tue May 6 13:57:54 PDT 2014

The summary of requirements I quoted says they want to be able to
constrain the field of view (size), which I interpret as, for example:

  "find data with field of view larger than 1 degree across"

or something like that. So this is unrelated to POS and just a simple
constraint on a single numeric column in ObsCore.

Pat

On 06/05/14 12:57 PM, Douglas Tody wrote:
> The field center plus FOV is just another version of POS,SIZE (or just
> POS with more syntax) so as long as the latter are well-designed that
> ought to suffice.  The only importance of FOV is to help define the
> spatial coverage.
>
> There isn't anything currently for the exposure time that I recall
> (other than FLUXLIMIT which is related and what we would really like,
> but problematic).  The obvious parameter name would be EXPTIME in
> seconds, the value being either a minimum value or possibly a range.

OK, +1 for EXPTIME